Our Summarised Policy
Knockconny Baptist Church endeavours to present God’s only way of salvation to children and young people (Mark 10:14). Integral to this is our moral obligation to be mindful of the well being of the children and young people entrusted to our care.
We in Knockconny Baptist church believe that all the children and young people entrusted to our care should enjoy the facilities, meetings and activities provided by us without fear of harm. We wish to ensure that all children participate in a safe and enjoyable environment in which they feel valued.
The church leadership, with the assistance of all their children’s/youth workers, will take every appropriate step to ensure the safety and well being of children and young people with whom we work, regardless of class, race or creed.
We will endeavour to safeguard children by:
- Adopting child protection guidelines through a Code of Behaviour for leaders and workers
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, leaders, and workers
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately
- Following carefully the procedures for the appointment of leaders and workers
- Providing effective management for leaders and workers through supervision, support, and training
- Ensuring that safety procedures are adhered to
- Our policy applies to all our church leaders and workers.
- We accept and recognise our responsibilities for child protection.
- We are committed to reviewing our policy, procedures and practice at regular intervals.